Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Isn't it refreshing to know. . . . our times are in His hands?

"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, You are my God.
My times are in Your hands." - Psalms 31

Much time has passed since I last posted any thoughts on my blog - I don't know where the time went but I do know that all those times were in the hands of my loving Heavenly Father. That is so reassuring to me.

I guess it just has not been the time to write at this point in my life. Perhaps it is time to start again - maybe just short entries though. Have had some health challenges which of course are no surprise to my Lord. They are not such that I cannot function or write:-) Thankfully!

But, the last few months have flown by it seems - with the holidays and all. I turned another year older too without much celebration but I am finding that is the case more often than not as we grow older.

I have returned to a former hobby - sewing - since my hubby got me a new sewing machine for Christmas. It has really been fun because the machines have been updated so wonderfully and they are so much easier to use. My first project was a set of aprons for my husband's daughter and granddaughter since they like to cook together. The gifts seemed to be a hit!

I also received a digital camera - finally! So, perhaps now I can do more posts on this blog of my work and also share photographic presentations set to my music with various groups. Speaking of - lately, my time has been spent organizing music compositions I have written through the years, organizing a Sunday School at church and teaching there, playing the piano for the children's choir and the prelude before worship. Seems music has taken the forefront these last few months. God knew this was the plan for my life.

When I first started my blog, I recall writing about how I needed to get settled. And during this settling process, I have finally returned to one of my passions - music. There's nothing quite like playing a melody from the heart on the piano - my deepest feelings just seem to flow over the keys and into the air. Hopefully, what I play touches hearts and helps others feel closer to the God who loves us all.

Music is one of the gifts God has given me. What gifts have He given you and how do you share yours with others?

1 comment:

Melissa Amateis said...

He has given me the gift of writing and I think I use that in a lot of different ways - from my blog posts to my novels!

This was a great post, Mom - hope to see you using this blog more!